Want A Quick Intro to Apologetics?
Get 5 Days Study Curriculum and Intro FREE
About Why-I-Believe.org Ministries
Renew-Your-Mind.org’s Vision and Mission
We’re a non-profit ministry organization, dedicated to helping people understand the strength of the Gospel by presenting a winsome ’thinking’ Christian viewpoint to the world.
We believe that God intends for us to worship Him with our heart, soul and mind (Matthew 22:37), and that He intends for us to always be prepared to answer questions about our faith (1 Peter 3:15).
We believe that the current influences of ‘secularism’ and ‘postmodernism’ in our culture projects a false dichotomy between Christianity and rational thought.
We believe that Christianity is the only valid faith, and that we are directed toward it via the questions generated by the General Revelation, and answered in the Special Revelation (the Bible and the Ministry of Jesus Christ.)
We believe that a proper understanding of the evidences for the Christian faith should be a part of every Christian’s spiritual walk, and is one aspect of obedience to Christ.
Therefore our mission is:
“To promote Christian maturity and obedience by winsomely presenting the evidences for a rational faith in Christ to His servants and to the world, and by assisting in the preparation of that mission to Christ’s Church via useful and relevant teaching and materials.”
About Mike Sutherland
I was that kid that always asked questions – and usually got frustrated with the answers.
I clearly had that soft-hearted side wanting to understand the deeper questions of life, but also had a keen interest in science and technology. I had to find a way that the two worked together- after all that’s evidently how most of us are wired.
A true Truth seeker goes where the evidence leads. I believe it is possible, indeed healthy, to be a ‘Skeptical Christian’, constantly questioning and learning and thinking.
Some consider this an oxymoron (a contradiction in terms), however I believe it keeps us in a constant state of awe and wonder, and keeps us looking toward the settled Truth of the magnificence of God’s creation and the importance of the Mission of Christ’s Church.
I lead a ‘normal’ life in the business world, and have a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and have lead large organizations around the world.
Upon completion of the MBA, I decided to make my search official, and continued on in my studies by pursuing the 'ultimate questions' at Biola University in Los Angeles - accomplishing a Master of Arts (MA) in the Philosophy of Religion - Christian Apologetics.
I’ve taught business courses in the Graduate School of my Alma Mater for over 10 years.
I was asked often to teach what I learned about Apologetics at my Church, where I served three terms in Leadership Roles.
It was in this teaching where I optimized the curriculum you see here, per many requests.
In addition, I’ve served with great joy as the Leader of our Church’s Kindergarten Children's Church for over a decade, starting the children off with an Apologetics and wonder-filled experience.
I have been requested to hold numerous Apologetics Conferences, and Pastor's retreats, focusing on the topics of Apologetics and Current Event Evangelism.
In short, I have a passion for learning and teaching, and seek to continue to use my gifts for the advancement of the Kingdom, however they may be used.
Statement of Faith
I am a member of the Evangelical Free Church, and subscribe wholeheartedly to the EFC of America Statement of Faith. It is as follows…
1. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, holy, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in a loving unity of three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Having limitless knowledge and sovereign power, God has graciously purposed from eternity to redeem a people for Himself and to make all things new for His own glory.
2. We believe that God has spoken in the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, through the words of human authors. As the verbally inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the ultimate authority by which every realm of human knowledge and endeavor should be judged. Therefore, it is to be believed in all that it teaches, obeyed in all that it requires, and trusted in all that it promises.
The Human Condition
3. We believe that God created Adam and Eve in His image, but they sinned when tempted by Satan. In union with Adam, human beings are sinners by nature and by choice, alienated from God, and under His wrath. Only through God’s saving work in Jesus Christ can we be rescued, reconciled and renewed.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man, one Person in two natures. Jesus—Israel's promised Messiah—was conceived through the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life, was crucified under Pontius Pilate, arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father as our High Priest and Advocate.
The Work of Christ
5. We believe that Jesus Christ, as our representative and substitute, shed His blood on the cross as the perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins. His atoning death and victorious resurrection constitute the only ground for salvation.
The Holy Spirit
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit, in all that He does, glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ. He convicts the world of its guilt. He regenerates sinners, and in Him they are baptized into union with Christ and adopted as heirs in the family of God. He also indwells, illuminates, guides, equips and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service.
7. We believe that the true church comprises all who have been justified by God's grace through faith alone in Christ alone. They are united by the Holy Spirit in the body of Christ, of which He is the Head. The true church is manifest in local churches, whose membership should be composed only of believers. The Lord Jesus mandated two ordinances, baptism and the Lord’s Supper, which visibly and tangibly express the gospel. Though they are not the means of salvation, when celebrated by the church in genuine faith, these ordinances confirm and nourish the believer.
8. We believe that God's justifying grace must not be separated from His sanctifying power and purpose. God commands us to love Him supremely and others sacrificially, and to live out our faith with care for one another, compassion toward the poor and justice for the oppressed. With God’s Word, the Spirit’s power, and fervent prayer in Christ’s name, we are to combat the spiritual forces of evil. In obedience to Christ’s commission, we are to make disciples among all people, always bearing witness to the gospel in word and deed.
9. We believe in the personal, bodily and premillennial return of our Lord Jesus Christ. The coming of Christ, at a time known only to God, demands constant expectancy and, as our blessed hope, motivates the believer to godly living, sacrificial service and energetic mission.
Response and Eternal Destiny
10. We believe that God commands everyone everywhere to believe the gospel by turning to Him in repentance and receiving the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that God will raise the dead bodily and judge the world, assigning the unbeliever to condemnation and eternal conscious punishment and the believer to eternal blessedness and joy with the Lord in the new heaven and the new earth, to the praise of His glorious grace. Amen.
God Bless You in your Studies and in your Ministry, whatever that may be!
Want A Quick Introduction To Apologetics?
Get my Free 5 Day Email Course
And - Get Updates on the new releases and free Info As They Come available