One standard critique of Christianity is that the Biblical records are unreliable.
Here's a summary:
- The New Testament documents are the best attested documents of antiquity in terms of total number of manuscripts.
- The interval of time between the date of the original authorship and the date of the earliest New Testament manuscript copies is extremely short.
- The historic statements made about Jesus by ancient non-Christian authors for the most part matches well with the Gospel record.
- The authors of the four Gospels were eyewitnesses of Jesus’ life themselves, or were closely associated with the eyewitnesses.
- The Gospel writers intended to convey factual and historical information and the writings of their historical content have been confirmed to a significant degree.
- The apostles’ testimony becomes more credible when it is considered that they had nothing to gain from it and everything to lose.
My favorite part though are the comments – there is a typical response from a skeptic, and a good rebuttal
Grace and Peace!